A weak mined person is one who will agree with anyone regardless if the content is disingenuous. A weak minded person will make no effort to check the accuracy of comments that vilify another, so long as the person being smeared is someone they find disagreeable. A weak minded person finds gratification in seeking out and passing on disinformation about those whom they disagree with. Finally, weak minded people are minions to those who object to cognitive and just thoughts.
“He’s [John McCain] not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured” mocked Donald Trump at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa. It can’t be said that Trump’s outburst was unprovoked. It was likely in response to Sen. John McCain’s statement that Trump “fired up the crazies” in his Phoenix immigration rally the previous week. McCain, known for his puppy dog “pitiful me” posture, should have known that speaking ill of ‘The Donald” would result in instant brutal retribution.
Should Trump’s latest shock assertion surprise anyone? Of course not! Nonetheless, Republican leaders scampered around to figure out a response to their brethren’s antics. After all, the American public was waiting for a strong condemnation of Trump’s verbal assault on their Arizona war hero. Party leaders and candidates alike were acutely aware that any statement made by them mustn’t infuriate their unruly associate. Well aware that his tongue cuts deep, leaving no remorse in his wake. And, the potential of Trump running as an independent would be devastating to the party. The paucity of their response was evident when they affirmed that:
“Senator McCain is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period. There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably.”
As anticipated, there was no mention of the incident. This artfully crafted statement by the Republican National Committee’s Chief Strategist and Communications Director, Sean Spicer, was never intended to rebuke their wayward stepbrother’s proclamation. Even when the news media kicked up a fuss and cried foul, few Republicans condemned their rebellious sibling. Most tweeted a few supporting words for their besieged brother McCain; then hunkered down, hoping that the wrath of ‘the Donald’ will pass over them.
Rick Santorum did what any red-blooded, strong-willed, “I’m one of y’all” Republicans would do in this situation. He tweeted “@SenJohnMcCain is an American hero, period.” Not mentioning Trump, he hastily shut off his phone while trotting into the “@usnews newsroom for a friendly game of peek-a-boo.” Evidently, brother Trump’s name is no longer in Rick’s vocabulary. In lockstep with Rick, Presidential candidate Ben Carson, MD also refused to comment on Trumps criticism of McCain. It could be said that that the good doctor joined with brother Trump in thrashing McCain when asked if McCain was a war hero. “It depends on your definition of a war hero” was his medicinal replied as he too scurried away to hide behind his aides. Aspiring for Number One Observatory Circle Doctor Carson?
Silly stepping really got into full swing when liberal blog site Huffington Post broke into the Fox trot. They trotted down the path of selective censorship like Fox news by announcing the following:
“After watching and listening to Donald Trump since he announced his candidacy for president, we have decided we won’t report on Trump’s campaign as part of The Huffington Post’s political coverage. Instead, we will cover his campaign as part of our Entertainment section. Our reason is simple: Trump’s campaign is a sideshow. We won’t take the bait. If you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you’ll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and The Bachelorette.”
In making their decision, Huffington Post failed to realize the effect of Donald Trump’s presence in the GOP election; his polling in the national political stage; as well as issues he raises.
Truth be told, Trump will not likely get the nod from his GOP contemporaries at the upcoming convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Yet, according to Fox rules, only 9 other GOP candidates besides Trump will get the coveted invite to the smack down stage in Cleveland, Ohio on Aug. 6th. If pure of heart Democrats and Pollyanna independents think that Republicans presidential contenders are hoping that Trump abide by the usual rules of political decorum in the debate, think again. They will be overjoyed to see him lash the liberal off their rival Jeb Bush.
Republican strategist Nelson Warfield brought clarity to Bush’s destiny at the upcoming debate when he said “Trump presents a challenge for Bush because he’s a hand grenade.” Actually, Warfield was reverent in his description of the upcoming skirmish. Trump previously describing Bush as a “total disaster,” and asking, “How the hell can you vote for this guy?” clearly demonstrates the chance of Trump making nice in the debate is slim and none. And, it’s just so happen that slim just left town. So, get your popcorn, beer, and a good seat, because, it’s going to be a hot time in Cleveland town that night.
- But it wasn’t me… He did it!
- It’s not my fault, I just helped… And that’s all.
- I don’t reccolect at all
- Don’t know nothing about it.
- Uh, uh, you know what I mean.
- Shhhh – I think I hear my husband.
- What ya in for?
- Oh no you didn’t?
- Sirens and lights flashing in your rear view mirror that don’t go away when you stop.
- Promise you won’t tell anyone?
- Damm! What’s Plan “B?”
- This is going to be a little uncomfortable.
- Can you put me on a payment plan?
- Promises you won’t get angry with me?
- I forgot?
- (Unemployed college graduate to parents) “I need to find myself”.
- Watch where you are going, cause there’s abandoned mine shafts around here.
- I know its kinda late; Maybe I should have told you that I’m married?
- Is something wrong with you?
- You’r on your own!.
- I forgot my wallet. Could you…
- What is that smell? Did you take a bath?
- (Woman) Is it in yet?
- Aw @#$%&, what in the name of @#$%&* did I do?
- YOU DID WHAT?
- (Man quietly) “She bitch slapped me”.
- How do you fly this thing?
- And the best is: (Woman to Man) “We gotta talk.”
Ebonics: Enabler of the century
Woefully, long before that infamous recognition and legitimatizing “Ebonics” by the Oakland, CA school board on December 18, 1996, the degradation of English has been going on for quite some time now. We are faced with the expectation of integrating street jargon as acceptable discourse. As, the notion of maintaining basic learning expectations is now considered elitist by those who advocate Ebonics. Truth be told, the concept of Ebonics being politically correct amounts to little more than being intellectually neutered. Uh, uh, y’ know what I mean.
Another cute one lost me with street talk.
Here is one indisputable fact. Time is not on Israel’s side. As technological advancement in weaponry improves, nations such as the U.S., western Europe, as well as Israel will have initial access to these weapons. As with any product, such as movies and clothing, over production and misappropriation of the design will result in these weapons falling into the hands of terrorist and terrorist states. The Stinger SAM is an example of an advanced weapon getting into the wrong hands. It’s a sobering thought, but visionaries know that the killing capability of high-tech non-nuclear weapons will continue to increase, yet size and detection capability of these weapons of mass production will be substantially reduced. Lets not forget a timeless axiom which remains true to this day – “If you have the money, its yours.” Make peace Israel, because time is shorter than you think.
- Does Moscow get that cold?
- I was given the impression that I would have a maid, and treated like Royalty?
- Why are all these people looking at me?
- But, I though Russians like me?
- Why is everyone trying to give me cheese?
- What do you mean Iceland didn’t call? We have the same values?
- I am expecting an international call soon. No, I don’t know which country.
- What’s all this talk about me taking a train to Siberia?
- That big female police officer is smiling at me. Do you think she likes me?
- Do you have a can of Raid or some type of insect spray?
- So that wasn’t a puppy with the beady red eyes looking at me last night?
- I guess I’m safe here…… Am I?
- Can I finish high school here, and go to college for free?
- Why is everyone calling me the “Terminal Man,” and asking me did I see the movie?
- When will my friend Vladimir Putin visit me? I though he would be putting me up during my stay?
- Why must I pay to use the toilet facilities?
- Do you take credit cards; I’m fresh out of U.S. dollars?
- I don’t like sleeping on a straw mattress on the floor; do you have a full size bed?
- I don’t drink, but can I have some of your vodka?
- Doesn’t any country want me?
21. Will NSA forward my last paycheck here?
Here are my thoughts regarding Snowden. He left the only country that he would be relatively safe in. Many other countries have ruthless people who would like to have a chat with him. As it may be that he has damaging information on other countries; not just the United States. We may never know, or care. But they want to know, and they care deeply. Though I wish he would find peace. He won’t. Those bumps in the night and quick footsteps behind him will always be heard.
Dear President Obama,
On behalf of the N.R.A., I would like to thank you for your generous assistance in helping our gun sales. Although I admit you never advocated a law restricting gun sales, every time someone lie and say you did, our gun sales multiply tenfold. Although gun ownership is ubiquitous in the United States, “you can never have to many guns” as my granddaddy always said. Getting back to what I was saying, the purpose of this letter is to ask you to repeat your recent statement that “we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this regardless of the politics.” Mr. President, I fully understand the gravitas of your message. If you don’t want to say that, it will be greatly appreciated if you would just say anything you want about gun violence, as it will definitely help our sales. Have to dash now, as my good buddy Dick Cheney and I are going on a hunting trip.
National Rifle Association